Recording Project: acoustic tracking

Yesterday, I was finally able to get back into Sawhorse studios to resume work on the recording. Jacob and I were able to complete the acoustic guitar parts for 6 of the 12 songs in about 4.5 hours.
It was the first time I got to do some actual tracking myself for this recording. It was exciting, but it also exposed a lot of the flaws in my playing. For example, I have a tendency to bend the low string out of tune on certain chords like the E/G# in “Search Me”. That’s the kind of thing you can’t just fix later because if one of the six strings is out of tune, you can’t tune it up without affecting the other five strings. It took me back to my college days of spending hours a day on my technique. In a live setting, you can fake it or cut corners. But, in the studio, the playback doesn’t lie.
But we got through it and I feel pretty good about the final product. Next Monday, we’ll be doing some electric stuff. I am really excited about that!

  1. #1 by katiek on June 24, 2008 - 12:10 pm

    I”m so excited for you! Makes me wish I had any sort of gumption to work alot right now. Actually, I need to just GET the gumption and do it!

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out /  Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )


Connecting to %s

%d bloggers like this: